Our first teachers are undoubtedly Moms. There are a thousand things we learn from them – taught and untaught. Here are 4 qualities we imbibed from them and can’t be more thankful for.
- Patience – the biggest virtue of a mother – Wondered sometimes if word patience came from the word Parent 🙂 When the madness is at its height, and you know that you have to slug it out, its perfect time to remember how your Mom would have handled the mayhem. Infinite inspiration descends ofcourse.
- Healthy food choices – Superfoods, high protein diets, organic – these words may have sprung up now but our mothers’ kitchens were taking care of all dietary essentials long before we realized. Thank heavens we are now able to give it to our kids.
- Together is Family – No celebrations are complete without over fave people around. Great that we got this early on and now don’t miss a chance to bring everyone together for our kids.
- Think tomorrow – Living in debt is definitely not a value our moms regarded as one. We saw them maintaining savings stash somewhere to fund a dream or take care of proverbial rainy days or simply for better future. Imbibing from our moms, we ensure there’s always some surplus so that slipping into debt doesn’t become a practice.
A true journey is over when we really cover a distance. This distance will see some discoveries, some additions or some changes along the way. Momeywise is also on a journey, a start of a journey, to be precise; and we are urging fellow women to join us. One thing we are sure about getting out of this journey is Breaking the Mould.
Our financial habits have shaped up due to multiple reasons over time and they die hard. As much as we have wished to get caution in spending and bring discipline in planning or investing, a lot remains desired. However, if we persistently try, we can break the mould & take charge. And much to our surprise, reap benefits too. Here are our top 3 recommended ways:
- Look at the big picture: You may be a habitual saver but ever increasing prices will outgrow your rate of savings and then what? What you need to do is invest and not only save. Your invested money will grow to give you returns over and above inflation.
- Tackle the fear: Do you feel the market movement, calculating RoIs or mutual funds is beyond you? They are complex or boring? Seriously think again. Its nothing to be afraid of. There are professionals who can help, tools that are handy and best of all – transactions that are quick.
- Today is a good day: Age, burgeoning expenses, uncertainties – the more you delay, the more you lose. On the other hand, the longer you give time to investments, the higher the growth. We will start illustrating with simple numbers shortly. But for now, we can’t stress more about starting asap.
It’s easy to not to try. But that’s not us women. We are known to adapt to various roles, most times with zero training. If we decide to break the mould, WE WILL.