Money knows no short cuts. It takes an effort if not an army 😊 to accumulate the riches we so desire. Momey-hood is a tough role but no one can do better justice than us at being good money-managers. Here are our absolute best habits for Moms to excel with money.
- Ledger of expenses: An account of household expenses keeps the overheads under check. It also motivates to save more by keeping an eye on outflows.
- Due-dates: A calendar for all payment due-dates keeps you prepared for any big expenses that can knock down liquidity such as: School fee, Insurance premium, SIPs, Loan EMI, House help salaries, Credit card payment and the like
- Saving first rule: A good part of (minimum 30%) monthly income should be first and foremost kept for savings / investments as a rule. The balance should be used up for family’s expenses.
- Create separate funds: To fund your wish lists, create small pools such as travel fund, festive shopping fund. This will ensure you plan your recreational expenses and not do them on impulse. You can exhaust these funds and start all over again for your next goal.
Hola Momies! First up we have to lay it out..
An W-investor is a combo of:
- Woman investor
- Winning investor
If you are new to investing, then we have a fun checklist here for you to find out if you have the makings of becoming an W-investor. Read on,
● You make a budget every month for expenses: if yes then you have a discipline to identify your cash flow. You can surely graduate to Goal-setting for your family and tread on the path of Financial Planning – a must for becoming an W-investor.
- You have a kitchen garden: or some home plants. When you nurture plants, you learn to have patience because there are no quick spurts, fruition takes time. This is true for investing also. A sense of time horizon is key for an W-investor – you get returns over time.
- You compare prices in supermarket: you are either the kind who compares or you are not; there can’t be a mid way. There’s good news in store if you compare because same buying behavior will also apply to financial products and instruments. Say while purchasing Insurance you have to compare premiums or while opening an FD you have to compare rates offered by banks.
- You like experimenting different things for family: Despite knowing your choices clearly, you like to dabble with different cuisines for family, signing up for new apps, exploring news brands in groceries.. You feel calculated risks are important to experience a variety of things. You have thw truest grain of an W-investor because investing comes with some amount of risk for sure. And no risk is no gain.
- Even if small, you save a sum every month: Be a proud mom for being able to save because most people are not. There are various instruments which can work with small amounts but when consistently done, can payback well. Own the badge of W-investor guilt free because your SIP may just be the smartest investment around.